On Friday April 7th, the Department of Labor published in the Federal Register amendments to its fiduciary regulation (the “New Fiduciary Rule”) and related prohibited transaction exemptions (the “Exemptions”). The amendments delay until June 9, 2017 the “Applicability Date” of the New Fiduciary Rule and the Exemptions.
The Department of Labor is reviewing the substantive provisions of the New Fiduciary Rule and the Exemptions and may further delay the Applicability Date. We will be monitoring the Department’s activities and will keep you informed of any changes to the New Fiduciary Rule and Exemptions, as well as any additional delays to the Applicability Date.
Please also refer to these prior posts regarding the Fiduciary Rule:
- DOL Issues Temporary Enforcement Policy on Fiduciary Rule – 03/14/17
- DOL Adopts Proposal to Delay the Fiduciary Rule – 03/01/2017
- Division of Investment Management Provides FAQs on Mutual Fund Fee Structures – 02/22/2017
- Division of Investment Management Provides Interpretive Guidance on Section 22(d) Restrictions – 01/13/2017
- Division of Investment Management Provides Guidance on “Mutual Fund Fee Structures” – 12/15/2016
- The New Fiduciary Rule’s Effect on Investment Managers – 05/27/2016